A modern cross stitch sampler pattern, 'Birds to the Boughs' combines a fresh color palette, funky motifs, and romance. The text on this sampler is from Louis Simpson's lovely poem entitled 'As Birds are Fitted to the Boughs.'
Designer Stephanie Webb of Lindy Stitches secured permission from Mr. Simpson's estate to reproduce the poem in cross stitch, and the entire poem is included in the chart for your enjoyment.
The design is available as a printed hardcopy pattern. If you want to get up and stitching quickly, save yourself the time of collecting all the supplies and purchase one of our bundle options which includes the pattern along with fabric, thread, and needles.
- Printed pattern
- 17 full skeins of DMC cotton embroidery floss
- 14-count white Aida (18" x 21") or 28-count Cashel linen in white (18" x 26")
- 1 complimentary tapestry needle
- Stitching area: 227 stitches wide x 177 stitches high
- Finished size: 16.2" x 12.6" on 14-count Aida or 28-count linen
- Thread: DMC
- Types of stitches: Cross stitch