This cross stitch pattern by Japanese designer Kyoko Maruoka (Gera!) was inspired by a passage in Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery. In the scene, Anne is asked to kneel and say her evening prayers, and she replies:
"If I really wanted to pray I'll tell you what I'd do. I'd go out into a great big field all alone or into the deep, deep woods, and I'd look up into the sky-up-up-up into that lovely blue sky that looks as if there was no end to its blueness."
- Stitching area: 119 stitches wide x 132 stitches high
- Finished size: 7.4" x 8.25" on 16-count Aida or 32-count linen
- Model stitched on 32-count Twilight Blue linen
- Types of stitches: Cross stitch
- Number of colors: 19 (DMC)
This design is available as a printed hardcopy pattern. If you want to get up and stitching quickly, save yourself the time of collecting all the supplies and purchase one of our bundle options which includes the pattern along with fabric, thread, and needles.
- 19 full skeins of DMC cotton embroidery floss
16-count Smokey Pearl Aida (12" x 18") or 32-count Twilight Blue linen (13" x 18")
- 1 complimentary tapestry needle