This sweet pincushion features an arrangement of mama and baby elephants, and would be a thoughtful gift for a new mom or the sewers and stitchers in your life. Designed by Satsuma Street, the pattern includes charts for both the front and back of the pincushion, plus a link to instructions for how to make the biscornu. You could also finish the design as a small pillow, as ornaments, or as wall decor.
This design is available as a printed pattern. If you want to get up and stitching quickly, save yourself the time of collecting all the supplies and purchase a Get Stitching Bundle which includes the pattern along with fabric, thread, and needles.
- Stitching area (each side): 72 stitches wide x 72 stitches high
- Finished size (each side): 5" x 5" on 14-count Aida or 28-count linen
- Types of stitches: Cross stitch and backstitch
Optional Get Stitching Bundle includes:
- Elephant Biscornu printed pattern
- 14-count Fiddlers Cloth Aida in Light Oatmeal (15" x 18") or 28-count Cashel linen in Flax (13" x 18")
- 8 full skeins of DMC cotton embroidery floss
- Two tapestry needles