This cross stitch pattern by Japanese designer Kyoko Maruoka (Gera!) was inspired by a passage in Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery where Anne, longing for a friend, meets Diana.
The model was stitched on 32-count linen in a sandstone color, but a neutral linen or Aida fabric would work. As shown in the photos, elements from the border can also be used in smaller coordinating projects.
- Stitching area: 89 stitches wide x 110 stitches high
- Finished size: 6.4" x 7.9" on 14-count Aida or 28-count linen
- Model stitched on 32-count Permin Sandstone linen
- Types of stitches: Cross stitch
- Number of colors: 26 (DMC)
This design is available as a printed hardcopy pattern. A thread pack is also available. The thread pack comes with 26 full skeins of DMC cotton embroidery floss along with a complimentary size 24 tapestry needle.