Who can resist making these extra cute cross stitch mittens to hang on the Christmas tree? Designed by UK-based Tapestry Barn, the mittens come in six delightful patterns featuring reindeers, snowflakes, holly, and woolen knitted sweater motifs, using a combination of 12 cheerful colors.
The base fabric (white Aida) is entirely filled with cross stitch. The stitched part is then cut out to shape and a piece of felt or backing fabric is used to make the ornament. Optionally, leave the upper part of the mitten open and fill with treats and sweets!
The design is available as a printed hardcopy pattern. If you want to get up and stitching quickly, save yourself the time of collecting all the supplies and purchase one of our bundle options which includes the pattern along with fabric, thread, and needles.
- Printed pattern
- 11 full skeins of DMC cotton embroidery floss
- 14-count white Aida (18" x 21") or 28-count Cashel linen in white (18" x 26")
- Complimentary tapestry needle
- Stitching area: 37 stitches wide x 42 stitches high (each ornament)
- Finished size: 2.6" x 3.0" on 14-count Aida or 28-count linen
- Types of stitches: Cross stitch, Back stitch, French knot