Stitch up two adorable otters in this hand embroidery kit by Jessica Long Embroidery. The design is a great introduction to using long and short stitches to create fur-like texture. A link to an online video demonstration included with the kit will show you how. If you're a beginner stitcher, you can simplify the pattern by just stitching the outline of the otters.
The kit comes with everything you need, including:
- Fabric stamped with the design in permanent ink
- 7-inch wood embroidery hoop
- Hand embroidery needles
- Full skeins of DMC cotton embroidery floss
- Stitch and color keys
- A color close-up photo of the stitched pattern
- Printed Beginner Guide with link to an online tutorial
The finished piece can be framed in the included 7-inch embroidery hoop.