With its vibrant colors and bold designs, Mediterranean folk embroidery is both charming and compelling. This beautiful geometric design by Avlea features two shades of red, and its leaf and diamond pattern echoes many folk designs popular throughout the Mediterranean and Eastern Europe.
The design is stitched on a traditional cotton groundcloth that has an open weave and a soft hand. The kit includes everything you need, so it's a perfect choice for beginners.
Inspired by traditional designs, this pattern nonetheless looks fresh and charming. It will bring a wonderful historic element to the modern home, and is sure to become a treasured heirloom for generations to come.
- Traditional 15-count cotton cloth
- DMC floss
- Tapestry needle
- Stitching Chart
- Stitching area: 61 stitches wide x 81 stitches high
- Stitch over 2 threads (for 13 stitches per inch)
- Finished size: 6" x 7-1/2"
- Types of stitches: Cross stitch